May 12, 2008

Save Water with your personal habits

After starting blogging, i was thinking about what to be blogged. Later i decided that every thing taht is usefull for others also must be posted in my blog, so that my frinds who read my blog can know all my experiences.

Saving Water!!!

How? It is not that much critical, by your simple habits can make a lot of difference. see my experiences here:

In my home, there is a little garden maintained by my mother. We use a water container to water the plants, because less water can be consumed if water the plants from top. People who have gardens in their homes,has to water the plants in the early mornings and evenings after sunset.

My mother use water that remains after washing our clothes, with out letting them go waste.In my GrandMa's home, there was a big garden. My grandpa prepared paths to flow water from the bathrooms so that we pour water in the ground or we wash the cloths, all water will be sent through the paths to the plants.

Now i am feleing happy that unknowingly i have learnt many water saving tips from our elders in home. Why dont you also habitual to some of these tips:


-> Keep showers closed when no need
-> Use only a little water in the bathtub
-> Turn off the water while brushing your teeth
-> Put water in the sink when washing up
-> Flush the toilet only when necessary. Don’t use it to flush tissues
-> Use a broom or cloth to clean the driveway or sidewalk
-> Use a bucket when washing the car
-> Use a turn-off nozzle on the end of the hose to adjust the water flow and turn the water off and on
-> Put water in the kitchen sink to wash and rinse dishes
-> Run the dishwasher only when it’s full
-> Run the washing machine only when it’s full

Frinds when you find some more tips to save water post them in comments....

No comments: